Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Namaste and whatnot

This morning I left Dhaka behind. That meant leaving my home with Sabrina and Mr. Hu. I was sad to go but excited for Nepal. After saying our goodbyes, Mr. Hu brought me to the airport. After a few months here I was ready to handle the airport, Bangladeshi style. After finding my airline I promptly went to the front of the huge line and acted frustrated. I must have blacked out because shortly afterwards I was standing in front of my gate. Surprisingly the plane was on time. I was prepared for a 5 hour delay like some of my friends experienced on their way to Nepal, but thankfully we took off with no issues.


Less than two hours later we landed in Kathmandu. After a short cab ride I arrived at the Kathmandu Guest House.

The place is amazing. Located in the heart of Thamel, the Kathmandu Guest House is a perfect place to stay for a trip like mine. With plenty of shops and restaurants in the area, I'm sure there'll be no end to my exploration.

I'm currently sitting at a lounge overlooking the street just outside the guest house. Out of no where a band just set up and started playing. So I'll end this brief cell phone post and enjoy the show. Until next time, goodnight my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment